Triangle Heating & Cooling – Elkins, WV
Triangle Heating & Cooling is always interested in hearing from qualified individuals with a passion for serving the climate control needs of our valued customers throughout north-central West Virginia. As the region’s leading provider of in-home HVAC contracting services, qualified candidates for available HVAC installation, maintenance, and repair technician positions will meet all West Virginia state licensing and certification qualifications, be insurable, and with character of the highest integrity. Triangle Heating & Cooling is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection criteria and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion or lack thereof, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Now Hiring: HVAC Installation Technician – Elkins, WV
Triangle Heating & Cooling is currently accepting applications for an available opening in our Elkins, WV service area. We are interested in adding a qualified, experienced HVAC Installation Technician to our team. Salary is based on experience and all qualified candidates will be considered.
HVAC Installation Technician
Responsible for properly installing and maintaining the operational capabilities of residential and small commercial HVAC system in a professional manner
Full-Time Position with Standard Scheduled Shifts and On-Call Availability
- Installation and maintenance of HVAC systems including, but not limited to, residential and small commercial furnaces, boilers, geothermal heat pumps, in-floor radiant heating, unitary infrared heaters, ductless mini-split heat pumps, air handlers, central ac, packaged HVAC and indoor air quality units, smart programmable thermostats, ductwork, and related components.
- Assisting the sales department with estimating design, material, and labor costs related to HVAC installations
- Maintaining proper vehicle inventory levels
- On-call availability
- Completion of service work order assignments in a timely manner
- Compliance with all federal, state, and local safety codes, including maintaining a safe work environment
- Operation of machinery, tools, power tools, and related equipment in the installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of HVAC systems and equipment
- Compliance with all established occupational exposure policies
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with customers, team members, and other on-site work crews
- Communicating progress of all jobs to supervisor
- Promptly referring all customer inquiries, complaints, and communications to supervisor
- Maintaining personal hygiene, professional appearance, and cleanliness of work vehicle
- Performance of all standard and auxiliary installation and maintenance tasks
- High school education or equivalent and formal training are required for this position.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in HVAC installation/maintenance/repair, building maintenance, and/ or construction
- Basic math skills, ability to calculate and convert weights, volume, etc.
- Working knowledge of HVAC system basics, including air handlers, furnaces, boilers, central air conditioning units, etc.
- Good general mechanical skills and understanding
- Ability to think independently to troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of HVAC equipment
- Valid WV driver’s license is required
- WV licensure, certification, and clearances required within 30 days of employment offer
- Completion of a qualified vocational-technical school program with an HVAC-related focus
- 5+ years’ experience in HVAC installation/maintenance/repair, building maintenance and/ or construction
- Knowledge of DDC control systems and EPA Universal Refrigerant License helpful, but not required
Compensation and Schedule:
- Competitive hourly wage is provided based on experience
- Company-provided maintenance truck, phone, and uniforms
- Employees are home daily with typical work hours Monday – Friday with a 6-week on-call rotation for emergency calls
- 401k, health insurance coverage with employer-paid premiums, paid time off, and holiday pay
Triangle Heating & Cooling is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Disability and Veteran-Friendly Workplace.
To apply, please complete the employment application below.
Join the Triangle Team –
Triangle Heating & Cooling of West Virginia
The key to success for any company is hiring and retaining quality employees. Triangle Heating & Cooling is committed to providing our Triangle Team employees with the finest training, career opportunities, benefits, and work-life balance. If you are a qualified individual looking for a career with great potential and personal satisfaction, please complete and submit the online application form below. Required items are marked with an asterisk. Please direct all employment-related questions to: 304-637-3030.